SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Friday, January 02, 2004

"shovel that coal let's roll..."

Baby Got Going: Liz Phair. What a cranking song...

we are playing some love song dedications again because we can't get enough... there are some RUDE ones coming out... none of this class that Mr Speed brought to the show by bringing 60's love-songs in... no...

DJ Tongue the Anchovy picked "Come in my mouth" by Earl Wilson. All class man, all class!

New Years Eve... well y'know New Years Eve is New Years Eve isn't it. I had a pretty fun night, but I wouldn't say it's the best night of the year for me... I don't know if I could actually label the best night of the year to you though...
Halloween was a laugh-riot... wearing wigs and costumes out is always a treat...

Anyhoo, went to Ernie and Eva's around 6pm and helped with cooking and taste testing the punch... drinking my sparkling red with Eva... well frankly I couldn't have been in the same room with her and NOT drunk any, bit of tradition now really...
on to the train at 10:50ish into the city to meet Pippa and her friend to go up to Rhino. Made it there with 10 minutes before 'countdown'...
kids smoking on the train, kids f*cking on the train, kids vomiting on the train... what WERE they thinking.... little shits.

the Rhino "Mansion" included the regular room upstairs, as well as the second bar downstairs with DJ's playing...
plus a third room that Charlie and Mick had organised for their mates... Nic-o bartended in the third room and poured me a nasty shot of I think Tequila and Kahlua... danger, will robinson, danger...
did a few laps of rundle... picked up chocolate, visited Tr!p and Speed, and returned to Rhino Mirth... afterwards was lucky enough to hitch a ride down to Craig + Frehd's for recovery and another countdown... hehe. got home at 6:45am... not bad for someone who doesn't take chemicals.

drank way too much alcohol, but it must have been spaced out enough for me to not be too drunk...

"breathe you deep as you seep into my life..."

"all the pain has gone away
and all the words i'd love to say
fall so easily to the page
and slip on the glaze...

all the rules are thrown away
and all the games we love to play
kissed the lips of which we're made
in my masquerade..."

love sucks.
loving someone who doesn't know you love them sucks.
loving someone who lives far away sucks.
loving someone who lives so close sucks.
xJ

No comments: