SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Friday, November 07, 2003

there's something about my kitchen...

that makes everyone wanna cook in it...

maybe it's the bright yellow... actually I'm pretty much convinced that is it...

If I ever purchase a house of my own, I think the kitchen will end up being the most expensive update to the house... I want a kitchen bench chopping board like Jamie Oliver... totally!!

oh, except for the bath, that's gonna cost a mint, ya gots to have a good bath i tells ya!

I wanna say a big HI to Fin and big licks as well... just because I can...

now not everyone will understand the constant references to *licks*... let me make it clear I don't generally walk up to people in the street and lick them... well not many anyway.... *kuffaw*... but our friend Phil (Nichol, some of you saw him last fringe) had a show at the Ed Fringe last year called "Things I Like, I Lick"... and I thought that was perdy cool, and sums up how I feel about things I like... sometimes I really DO wish I could lick them.... So it's become a bit of a saying of sorts...

nyuk.

Zuchini Slice

375g Zucchini (about 1 large one)
1 onion or half a leek
grated carrot if you wish
1 Cup SR Flour
1/2 cup oil
1 Cup grated cheese
5 Eggs
salt and pepper

Grate up the Zucchini and Carrot. Finely slice and dice the onion. Mix it all together in a bowl.
Lightly beat eggs. Sift Flour. Whack it all in the bowl and mix it up til it's a sticky mixture.

Put in a greased baking tray, cook in a moderate oven (180-200C) for 30-40 minutes.

Top of slice will brown when it's cooked. You can always test the consistency of the middle with a skewer... but you knew that.

Last night Vairi made it with grated pumpkin instead of carrot. That works too. i guess you could use any kind of starch or root vegetable if you liked or red onion instead of leek/normal onion.... i'll report on some variations when I've tried them. You can also fry up a couple rashes of bacon and add it to the mixture...

rode my bike to work today.... speaking of which, I should get back to it I suppose *sigh*

xJ

No comments: