SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Monday, November 10, 2003

filling in the rest of the geek-end...

so actually what really happened on the weekend was that on Friday I worked 9-2 then rode home and Nicki came over to make stuff for Sharons party.... I washed dishes and gave cooking advice (what, like i'm a master or something??)...

...then we went along to the Belgian Beer bar to welcome Kylie back from her world-travelling adventure.... on to Scoozi for some snacks. now it wasn't that great, so I don't think I'll go there again for dinner... anyhoo... then on to Fumo Blu. I never feel like I fit in there, so when I got a call from my exes mate Damien I toddled off to catch up with him, which was kewl too. Then on to Rhino to say giddy to the kiddies Mick, Nic and Katie. When I arrived I received my official invite to the Tracksuit Party (which happens to be the same day as sharon and adams wedding BUGGER!)... the invite is cool... it's a wrist band with the rhino symbol on it. yep, i've been wearing it everywhere. Good for the RSI in my wrist too!!

anyhoo, time of arrival in my bed... about 2:30am... sheesh.

H-Town adventure began about 10am for brekkie at Henley Square, we got back around 2 I think... don't know really. Then we went off to Sharons party and I went into town about 9:45 to see Average's new project THE DAIRY BROTHERS perform at the Austral. They were playing with High Stakes but didn't stay for the cock-rock... went to Trav and Jo's and hung out there for a bit... started to walk back to my place on my own til I ran into some kids throwing stuff around on the street in the middle of the night. Decided to turn back and call a taxi instead. Probably a better idea. I just like walking, regardless if it's in the middle of the night or not, and I like to feel safe in my own suburb.... which I usually do, but my walk started in Parkside.... meh to Parkside kids smashing sh*t and taking stuff....

Yesterday rode to radio and back, then caught the bus in to the Grace to see Luke Ashby do a short set as part of a Feast show... then we went for dinner at worldsend, and Luke went off to a performance and I went home.

Lied on the new-old couch watching Miss Congeniality.... yeh somewhat amusing, but still perdy b-grade...

back at work today... *sigh*
cos the Max 6 launch is tomorrow night...

xJ

No comments: