SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Sunday, March 07, 2004

thoughts from during the week...

2/3/04

God, it's a pain not having internet, this is going to be one post with on-going days in it, I can tell.

I LOVE MY HAIR!

Ok, things I love:
1. my hair
2. that I found a couple skirts that actually work with me, as opposed to against me!
3. The Fringe
4. Encounters of the uplifting kind
5. Ant bites (add sarcasm and stir)
6. The fact that I have enough passion in my heart to cry over the little things
7. Skewiff memories of conversations past
8. Introducing Queer Eye to some people who have been overseas for a while and never seen it
9. Anticipation
10. Adelaide: It kicks over Sydney, at least for the tranquillity!
11. Tic Tacs - they're my tactic
12. Wind through the trees
13. Sunshine
14. Old vinyl records
15. Watching people drool when they first see the three d library
16. Making faces at friends across crowded rooms
17. dreaming
18. dancing til my feet hurt
19. stick on tattoos
20. boys

Things I dislike (hate is such a strong word):
1. coming home from a night out smelling like other peoples cigarettes
2. Dishonesty
3. Dumb girls
4. Seafood
5. People not saying what they mean
6. Falling down stairs!!
7. Being screwed over by people who simply don't have their sh*t together
8. men in suits on those scooter things
9. Being too hot when trying to get to sleep
10. People who look down at others for the clothes they wear
11. Racism
12. Politics
13. I need a new bra! I hate shopping for bras!
14. Really drunk people using bad pick up lines
15. and just bad pick up lines....


1/3/04
So I suppose I could write about all the dastardly horrid weird love-hate stuff I seem to have been posting lately.... instead (insert your *gasp* here)
Yesterday during my show I had some Fringey guests on again, Adam Hills + Tripod.
Adam lifted me up (not physically, that wouldn't work, I'm too heavy) because his outlook and personality knock everything for six. I'd remembered seeing him do some stand-up last year at Rhino and being suitably impressed, but probably said no more than 'boo' to him on that particular day.

I had been telling him how Richard Easton had said to me how laid back and easy the interview I did with him was.
At the end of the show, Adam pretty much said the same thing: "You're right, this is the best/easiest interview I've ever done". (props to me)

All the guys loved being able to poke through the shelves of music.... Gatesy stating "this is too much" whilst staring at the rows and rows of vinyl, completely dumbfounded and unable to decide....

It might be cool to get paid for doing radio, but I get to play with 66,000 albums every week! And I get control over my show. And I get to have guests in like these guys who rock my world and talk to them quite candidly, instead of being so straight-edged about it.

There's something extra special about yesterday, it was a lovely day. Lucky I have recorded it for posterity.

*aside* As fringe wears on, I get more and more impatient!

I got my hair done on Saturday at Limbo (Unley Road, go there, they rock!) again. My hair had grown about 4 inches since mid-November which is heaps!

The cuts even better again and I already know how I want it done next time.

I think I'm some kind of 1930's dancer or something out of an old period drama! My hair is so curly, but I think it looks fekkin' rad (Not to brag... hehehe). All I need's a tassel dress and some feathers in my hair... yeh dress-ups!!

I want to talk more about Adam Hills, but I don't know what to say. You know when things become more like a mesh of a memory? Yeh. When I listen to the interview again I'll write more. Go see his new show "Go you Big Red Fire Engine 2: Judgement Day" @ The Fringe. And also be aware if you know
anyone with a hearing impairment that he has an Auslan Interpreter @ his show on Sundays. Mega uber Props for that!

I've also realised I'm a bit of a klutz when it comes to stubbing toes or
walking into things...

Now that I'm going to Beats per Minute tomorrow, and Adam Hills, then Tripod Thursday, and 12 Angry Men on Friday.... you'll have to excuse me if I hibernate tonight and Wednesday!!

So much to see, so little time! It's kind of unfortunate I chose to leave going back to temp work til now. Had I done it a month ago, I could have taken a couple weeks off during fringe, and rode thru the cash I had. Boo to me! :(

The Cat Empire are playing at the Festival Venue "Universal Playground" on the 8th March. Even if you are sick of hearing their 'hello hello' track, they played one of the best shows I saw last year.

Dooooooooooooooooo yyyyyyyyyyyyoooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu rrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee?

{to be continued}
xxJ

No comments: