SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Back to the future... blog... erm, that didn't quite work...

what i would have blogged on 15/3/2004 if i'd had a net computer...

I've just discovered my Uncle's mother has passed away. I didn't know her
very well, but he will be upset (obviously) as I understand they were pretty
close.

She was 93 though, so what a damn good innings. She'd been quite sick for
several months now, so I'm sure it's somewhat a relief as well.

I've been trying to rekindle my eye for beauty in everyday things.
Sometimes in this busy world it's hard to stop and look. One thing of
particular beauty are the buildings in this city. Sure, some of them suck
because they were built in the 70's or 80's, but there are quite a few
Elizabethan (I Guess) ones that I love. I've been trying to picture how the
new (and very unneccesary) apartments behind the Exeter are going to look.
Hopefully not too much like the city West Uni Building!

Why can't they build something with modern facilities but that looks
classic? Get rid of all this tacky bull*hit. Reminds me of Lycra. I don't
know why.

Now that the West End is really picking up, I wonder when someone will buy /
re-open the Red Room? If I had the money I'd be interested in it.

There's this tiny statue in Light Square I never noticed before. It has a
telescope or some sort of surveying equipment on top of it. How
interesting.

Watched "Intolerable Cruelty" on DVD last night. Damn fine. But the Coen
Brothers rarely let me down. I don't think I've ever disliked one of their
films.

NOw that the Fringe is over I'm a bit sad. Though it went like such a blue
and I think "what did i actually do in the last 4 weeks?". There was only
one show that I came out of feeling kind of mediocre about. I won't say
which one, but everything was pretty great. Meeting Adam Hills was
fantastic, and the Tripod lads too. Having my 'friend' back from London was
just a laughable experience. I never want to see him again.

I'm vowing to go to one big show a month if I can. Stop spending money on
alcohol Julie and see more shows!!

xJ

No comments: