SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

lentil soup, and letting a man rub you down...

sounds interesting I know... but really it just meant I cooked up some tasty red lentil and tomato soup yesterday and then Tom came over and gave me a massage! I will post the soup recipe when I've got it nearby...

If you're in Adelaide and you ever need a massage, Tom's your man! (Let me know, I'll get you the number) I slept so well afterwards, and he pretty much fixed up my "broken hip" problem too... 'cept i'm sure I'll screw it up again when I next go for a ride!!

Yesterdays Jerry topic was something to do with sleeping with your mother...!! honestly, where DO they find these people??... I could suggest somewhere, and I think you know where I would say...!!

...and Oprah was about stepping into someone elses shoes for a time to see what it's like... eg. the story of an obese woman, the story of a family where the two parents are two different types of dwarves, subsequently they have 3 regular sized children and one half of the pair of twins is a dwarf as well... interesting look at geneology...!! apparently because the parents aren't the same type of dwarf, the chances were about 50% as to whether the children would be dwarfs themselves...

why don't they make an Aussie daytime show that's decent... I mean, Bert Newton's a legend, but it's such a different vein to Oprah or Jerry... I heard the Jerry producers were in Australia recently looking for wierd stories.

I didn't really watch both these programs in their entirety, more background noise for lunch time cos I spent most of the day doing my regular house pottering/cooking fest for a monday. My day also consisted of walking to the funnest place in the WORLD (add sarcasm and stir) my local dole office!!

BUT hopefully for not much longer, I have found a job in the paper that fits in with my other job pretty perfectly, and it's soooooooooooo up my alley... i wont say what it is yet in case I don't even get an interview... but I'm very excited, it's come at the right time!!

Stuff and things...
the girls are coming over tonight for a 'root and snort' night (i kid, it's what i said to guillaume when he invited me to a gig that's on tonight!!)... no actually it's a eat and chat gathering with maybe a little Amelie on DVD thrown in...

but they'll be NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

Is anyone else sick of the repeats of Seinfeld??!

xJ

No comments: