SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Sunday, December 14, 2003

can i relive the past few days please...??

oh lordy (pick a bale of cotton)...
if i really could do a rewind and slow the whole last few days to a dull roar instead of such a swooping mesh of chaos, i truly would...

to kick off Thursday my lovely chauffer pippa took me to radio where I met Buck65 (aka Rich) for the live interview... I think we ended up speaking for near on half an hour or something... which is probably much longer than any regular live interview... but he was so interesting neither myself or jules or paul wanted to stop it... so what can you do? *shrug*

Pippa taught Benjamin how to play backgammon and chatted to Rich's manager and waited patiently for us to stop yabbering... thanks pipski! xxx

I gave Rich a Depth Charge 3 CD (our new compilation), said 'see ya when i'm lookin' at ya' and sent him on his way... a few hours later went up to Enigma to get excited... and I swear I nearly started running around the venue before ANYONE was even on stage... I knew we were in for something special... MKB were bulk-ace as always and was truly impressed with my first viewing of Music Vs Physics... but when Rich took the stage... the whole room had their mouths open... some shook their butts, some stared in awe, other people smiled to themselves... my 'emoticons' were somewhere in between... thinking my head was going to explode, wondering why I was so lucky, thinking the sounds were so precious, and that it was a good thing because the man himself is so precious as well... he offered for people to touch his hair, told us he didn't condition, did one of his tracks unaccompanied more like a spoken word piece than a track, threw glitter in the air, and did some awesome scratching...

I can't explain it. I want to see it again. Pip, Seb and I had a group hug afterwards and talked to many people, mooched around til we all got kicked out...

you can read about Buck65 and view his sexy website at www.buck65.com

eta in bed... 2:30ish...

Friday I went down to Flightpath Architects on Hindley Street to view a new exhibition of Photographs by Nick Harding. They were very pleasant indeed. I love photographs... Oh, I picked up some of mine on Thursday and the pic of Brassy "making radio" with me worked a treat! When I get webhosting sorted I'll post the pictures properly!

So anyhoo, I'm sure the exhibition will be up for a little bit so go check it out!

Afterwards, 10 of us trundled down to the Vietnam Palace on Gouger Street and pigged out! We are very naughty! I hadn't been there before but it was darned tasty, and a great menu of both Vego and non-vego schtuff.

After eating, drinking, being merry and having trouble finding Karens car... Tansy and I made it to Rhino with the masses for an unadvertised DOWNSYDE show... I've been hanging out to see these guys for ages, they are truly excellent.

eta in bed... at least 3am...

moral of the story... being nocturnal can be handy when shows dont start til 1:30am!

xxJ

No comments: