SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

ring, ring, here's the thing...

that's right... here's the thing... poor Guy Sebastian, our newly dubbed Australian Idol, yesterday returned to Adelaide only to deal with people getting heat exhaustion and one guy ending up critically ill in hospital...

HAD THE EVENT ORGANISERS THOUGHT this thing through... perhaps somewhere like the Torrens Parade Grounds, or behind the Botanic Gardens in the Parklands may have been a better spot... somewhere with GRASS and TREES!! and additional shelter... what about Elder Park (next to the Festival Theatre)??

I mean heck, I remember being in a Beastie Boys moshpit once being 2 or 3 people from the front, but after 2 or 3 songs, needing to get out (and this was at an indoor venue as well) because of not being able to breathe.... I can't imagine what being stuffed into Rundle Mall would have been like...

I had walked down the mall around 2:30 to do some banking and such for work, thinking there weren't as many people as I thought... but seeing the pics in the Advertiser (that's the story, not the pics) let me know what happened in the next hour and a half I guess! madness...

Just sent my first e-mail to Sunrise... they do good work... much better than the today show... ever since Steve 'whatshisname' did those terrorism ads, i can't look at him...

xJ

No comments: