SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Monday, December 08, 2003

ok ok, so i've been rather quiet of late...

i haven't really been near a computer much... and/or i haven't been able to think of anything to say...

I think it's the on again/off again heat, but it also concerns me that there are other people in my family with diabetes... it hadn't occured to me til I was explaining my symptoms to a close friend, that it could actually be that...

my brain feels kind of twisted all the time recently, i get really vague and I'm kind of thirsty... my skin seems worse than normal and needs extra fluid... now I know I'm exercising more etc, but I've also been eating much better now that I've got my pastel yellow and green kitchen (go aussie go go go?)...

so anyway, this week I think I should just get a blood test to be sure... If I'm diabetic at least I'll know what it is... but I'll have to give up so many things I like...

like the brownies I made last night and distributed to the Sundy Side Up kids at the Exeter.... for Sam's Birthday!! hurray!... all to a roaring standing ovation and flowers and confetti being thrown at me for doing such a good job... i'm kidding, but I had people I didn't know complimenting me, and you can't complain about that.
Go my mrs fields cookie books and my mods! i love modifying recipes... generally i make them loads more chocolatty than they really are supposed to be... is that bad?? (see if you don't come down on a Sunday, not only do you miss out on some good art, you may also miss out on my cooking!)

there's no use stressing til I know though... should make that phone-call now... *shudder*

Friday I collected more bits and pieces from my folks house that I've had in storage there for way too long, including stuff like books and school stuff from when I was younger, it's so funny reading all the stuff you scrawl over the front of your school books ten years later! I came back, had an uber-quick costume change and Bec picked me up so we could go catch up with some old *insert old crappy work name here* people before the xmas sillyness really kicked in... at the Earl of Leister.... nice pub. wierd beer prices though.

Anyhoo.... got a lift into the East End Exchange to watch a film by Ashley Starkey about the Total Solar Eclipse that went through parts of SA in 2002. He said initially the film was going to be a scientific piece, but it ended up becoming more about the people that saw it, and their reactions to it. The video was about an hour, and he hopes to get it on to ABC or SBS so keep you eyes out for it. It was pretty cool, very funny in parts, and also very informative... I've already made a slight pact with some of the kids to try and get to Cairns in 2012 for the next Total one in Australia!! anyone??

After that I was meant to go see High Stakes and Lazaros Dog at the Austral... but I had to pay my regular Friday night visit to the Rhino Room... talked to Mick about putting more plants in behind the bar... the next addition (from me anyway) will be a chili plant or two... I'm not sure what cocktails require chilis.... but I'm sure we could find one!! Caught up with Nic and met another friend of his and got chatting for 2 1/2 hours or something... Kieran said "10 minutes hey?" when I was on my way out... so I say "just shoot me"...

oh yeh! on the topic of bad teevee... they could put re-runs of "just shoot me" on... i would have no objection to that!! or as Spoz suggested... Herman's Head... why seinfeld...?? WHY CHANNEL 10 WHY, YOU BASTARDS? Generally you are the best of the 3 commercial stations (7, 9, 10) but HOLY BEEJEESUS MAN!! NO MORE SEINFELD, NO MORE SEINFELD!! Put something educational on or something... a craft show? a cooking show? nature documentaries? but SEINFELD IS BOOOOOOOOOOOORING BORING BORING BORING BORING! I have seen every episode enough times thankyou... they were hella funny the first time round, I admit... second time i still got a giggle out, but now you've gone too far... I haven't been watching them at all... in fact if I accidentally switch on to it... i swear at the teevee and turn it off again! Snuuh fuuh and snuuh to you!

bring back Secret Life early or something... please!! you could re-run that?!

snuuh and a muuh snuuh comeon un snuuh?

talking gibberish to drunk people is highly amusing by the way...

only 3 days til the buck65 show. i'm so excited, and i just can't hide it...!!

love to michelle, nicki, guillaume, leah, sacha, rob, sam, and fin who's on his way to Tassie on wednesday for a month... what WILL we do without you??

xxJ

No comments: