SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Monday, October 27, 2003

the perfect body for a woman...

last night someone told me that I had the perfect body for a woman.... so why do i still not agree?!

interesting though re: the front cover of the latest WHO magazine saying that many stars are having trouble keeping up their 'perfect' appearances... It's like "oh my god they are human!!! they DO get stretchmarks when they have babies, and yes, you guessed it, their boobs got naturally bigger too!!".... DUUUUH! who writes this bollocks?? i say most of them ain't perfect anyway, especially the ones that have had 'a bit of work done'...
Good little article in Marie Clare though about a plus-size model (I can't recall her name, I'll have to look it up) being really openly pissed at the media for air brushing one of her catwalk piccies before it went to print, as well as Kate Winslet having the same thing being done to her for a cover shoot, and basically saying to those people "you assholes, that's not ME!" - good on them, stick it to them!!

I bought a couple womens magazines to do some research on hair to be brutally honest, but I still found nothing... I haven't bought womens mags in years! Now I remember why, though I must say Marie Clare had some good photography and much more interesting articles than say something like Cleo... not that I bought Cleo, but I'm just visualising...

but i mean yeh, this person i was speaking about body image to has a daughter who went through similar things to me earlier in life with weight and such. I think I'm much happier being the way I am (even if I do bitch about my tummy poking out, just slap me if I whine to you ever...) than being a too-skinny girl with bones pokin' out and a borderline eating disorder.... if there is such a thing...

anyhoo, spent last night at the Exeter for the regular Sundy Side Up.... the weekly "arts-wrap" is what I like to call it, because it very much rounds out my week. I'd wish I'd ridden my bike in though so I didn't spend $12 on a taxi home (beer is evil). Caught up with a few kids I hadn't seen in a while like Mikey who I went to school with... *waving* and of course big licks to the regular kiddies of Fin, Molly, Rob, Vicky, Jamie etc etc etc. Love youse.

Very strange having lots of little GREEN men in the room with us... refer to the rugby match in Adelaide yesterday, apparently they drunk our pubs outta beer?? I could still get beer so I don't know what the newspaper is on about... maybe it was in a themed Irish Pub or something??

insert some FUUH and a little bit of SNNUH here...
xJ

No comments: