SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Wednesday, October 29, 2003

making up games...

now I know why I like Greg and Nicki so much, they are as silly as me... and though I pottered around the house cleaning and/or becoming master-pro-champion-of-the-world at my yo-yo... whilst they giggled over all the sub-games they'd created in Greed (my fave dice game)... i could still appreciate the wonder and silly-ness of it all....

TUNA MORNAY RECIPE:
30g butter (or thereabouts)
3 tsp plain flour
1/2L milk
grated cheese (depends how cheesy you want it, anywhere between 1/2 and 1 Cup is plenty)
1 onion finely chopped or, half a leek finely chopped
1 tin Tuna, drained (i prefer mine in springwater, but go yer hardest)
1 tin corn kernels, drained... or creamed corn if you prefer
1/2 cup frozen peas

you can also add things like finely chopped capsicum and some celery.

we also made mashed potato for the top of this tuna mornay, which consisted of:
2 large potatoes
a clove or two of garlic
some chives, salt, pepper
tsp of butter
cream instead of milk to mash it up cos we're norty!

Ok, so... preheat your oven to about 200C if you have an electric, about 180C for gas...
1. melt butter in a saucepan, take off heat
2. stir in flour til you have a yellowy paste
3. return to heat, gradually add milk. I find using a whisk to stir makes the perfect white sauce...
4. when thickened, add your cheese and stir through. Remove from heat.
5. add your chopped up vegies and tuna, stir it all up, chuck some pepper in if you want, taste it, it tastes good...
6. put in a baking tray and add your mashed potatoes to the top. yum. you can also put breadcrumbs instead of mashies or even in addition too, and parmesan if you like smelly cheese... after all you're going to smell already, you're eating onion and tuna!
7. wack in the oven, it's that simple! 30-40 minutes. the breadcrumbs or potatoes should go a bit golden brown, then you'll know it's cooked.

now I know this is a wacky way to tell someone how to make tuna mornay, so if you need further clarification, just ask me! better still, come over and i'll show you how to make it, my kitchen is always up for a cook-off!!

BUCK 65 at ENIGMA on DECEMBER 11th. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!
I'm shakin' in my little space-boots.... if I had space-boots....

oh, I'm good at making up games too, but that's an entirely different story!!
xJ

No comments: