SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Hannah McQueen's "The Perfect Balance" - notes

I found this book by Hannah straightforward, but uplifting and mostly I thought it would be helpful to many people I know.  We don't have to accept being unstable or less organised financially because we earn less.  For example, I've always said that I have no pre-conceived notion that I would ever own property. Could that change? Who knows, we shall see.

Some quotes from the book:

"Consider whether you want something because you have always had it, or does it truly make you happy? It is not until you start to go through the process of elimination that you can rule out needs vs wants"

"Remember, it is never too late to change your financial landscape."

"Where am I financially? What potential do I have? Where do I want to be? What is standing in my way?"

"The key to every successful financial plan is to spend less than you earn so that you can repay any debt you have as quickly as possible. After that, you can save for your future, which can be painted whatever colours you want."

xJ

No comments: