SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

cut off my legs and call me shorty...

this week is going to be a doozy. I have responsibilities every day and night til Saturday when I shall simply shop the day away in Syd-e-ney.

My few favourite things in Sydney are:
1) Trovata's on Stanley Street - one of the tastiest places I've ever had the pleasure of eating at. Bravo tenthousand!
2) MCA - The Museum of Contemporary Art
3) The Big Carousel in Darling Harbour. I don't care how old you are. You should always get on it and make loud whooping and yeehaw noises like Shorty and I did one time. Fine holiday fun!
4) The Candle Shop + some pizza place @ the Rocks. I can never remember the name of the pizza place, but I can always find it (i'll let you know later).
5) Paddy's Market + Seconds shops - need I say more?

For those of you travelling to Sydney in the near future, that is my top 5!
The Sydney Aquarium in the Harbour comes a close #6. It's been such a long time since I've been to Sydney, it will be nice indeed, if only for a day!

I have calmed down a hell of a lot since my initial crazy reaction on Friday night. I mean, really, what am I going to do without my "therapist" around?! I guess, finally, stand alone. An interesting concept.

I don't know why I went to the person I went to on Saturday, but I kept my cool around them and managed to think and talk of other things, and left their company completely calmed. Intersting, because my friendship with this person is particularly complex.

Earlier that day I could barely speak without bursting into tears. I felt like I was going to vomit all day, gave myself a headache, and I also don't think I'd slept all that much. Talk about a kick in the guts! It winded me.

I don't know why it hurt so much, I guess because I'd finally decided to do something about spending more time with this person in other social settings *shrug*. I suppose the simplest answer is that I'll miss them dearly. It's not like they haven't left before, but the way our friendship has grown in the past 6-8 months has been very important to me, as I particularly revel in friendships that constantly develop and change. And whenever something else has crushed me he has been in the same familiar place for me to go get a hug *sigh*...

There is no point me being a cry-baby over it. After all the world is so small now, it's not like 800+ kilometres is far now is it?!

I have been thinking of starting another 'dedication' segment on my show relating to optimistic songs. I mean it's fine for me to rip everyones heart out each week with a love song (more like ripping out my own) but having an outline optimistic song would be kind of nice too.

I hope you all enjoyed the twangy-guitar BARRY MANILOW love song dedication last week! hehe.
xJ

No comments: