SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Monday, November 29, 2004

okay okay...

so it's true, i really have nothing to write...
no that's a lie, i do actually.

I am a big fan of PT Anderson, Magnolia is one of the true genius pieces of film (even it's in entirety of 3 hours and 8 minutes), and Punch-Drunk Love was just as incredible... but I made myself watch BOOGIE NIGHTS yesterday, because I think the first time I went to watch it more than 5 years ago, I fell asleep.

Okay, now... I enjoyed some of it... the beginning was better... and poor WH Macy! :(

(my train of thought has been trashed, by the small child, whose parent obviously wasn't watching it, and has just pulled a BOOK SHELF on top of themselves)

I don't know, I thought when I first saw Mark Wahlberg act I gave him more credit than he was due. Other performances in the film are damned fine. I LOVE Julianne Moore, she's great.

My point is, it's the least fave of the three PT films I've seen... thoughts?

Also we watched PIECES OF APRIL over the weekend, and I must say, I really like Katie Holmes. She's great in it. And all the characters were great actually. Make sure that you check it out, I don't want to say too much about it, but basically... her family is coming for Thanksgiving Dinner and her oven is broken... and that's not the half of it!

I spent Friday night at RUSH, my new favourite bar to drnk $4 pints of Stella, and by god they have the most handsome boy there... *swoon*

xxJ

No comments: