SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Sunday, June 13, 2004

The Bar @ Buena Vista...

be still my bleeding heart. An experience I was glad I saw with my parents. Good friends were also in attendance in Tank, the "therapist" and Van, I am glad they experienced it too.

Spent several hours after the show dancing + drinking + smoking cubans with the cast, and met someone who can teach me spanish and teach me to dance. Double-bonus *waves to leo*.

*swoon*

I feel much better than I did earlier yesterday, except now I want to learn to dance and go to Cuba and learn Spanish and many other languages. And that involves time... I wish there was more of it. But screw this sitting on my arse thing, I'd rather be dancing... yeh. (thanks beegees)

There's so much beauty around, I just can't stand it. My "therapist" now thinks I'm as much of a space-cadet as he, because we had a conversation like this in the interval:

he: i don't know most of what they're talking about though.
moi: it matters not, it's about what's in here *punching fist to heart*
he: you're so spacey
moi: gee thanks.
he: no, you're so spaced out like me. I like it.

well, bring it then. go on, dare ya.


:SETLIST:
Lawnmower Music: 93.7FM 2-4pm Sundays
Buena Vista Social Club: Dos Gardenias
Federico Aubele: Esta Noche
Richard Easton: The Underground Sea
Buck 65: Roses + Bluejays
Peaches: I'm the kinda
Sens Unik: Les Portes du Temps
LOVE SONG DEDICATION: The Beatles: You really got a hold on me
Esquivel: Vereda Tropical
Two Many DJ's: Salt n Pepa's Push it vs. The Stooges' no fun
Thievery Corporation (remixers): Avatars of Dubs' Sexelevatormuzik
MKB: Whoops
Ugly Duckling: Opening Act
Matt's Little Brother: Flowers
Paris Combo: Attraction
Frankie Vaughan: Tweedlee Dee
Red Monika: Not Quite
Blockhead: Sunday Seance
The Hard-Ons: Shit #2 (this is such a shit-funny song... and how often do I say shit-funny?)
The Vague: 4 star hotel
Square Pusher: An arched pathway
Home for the Def: Fuck Wiggim
Sola Rosa: Scratch Apprentice
DJ Rhettmatic's Exclusive Collection= Jurrasic 5: Linguistics
The Easybeats: I'll make you happy... JUST LIKE YOUR MAMA WANTS... JUST LIKE YOUR DADDY SAID... JUST LIKE YOUR MAMMA SAID TO MEEEEEEE!!!!
Compay Segundo: Versos Para ti
Manu Chao: Me Gustas Tu
G Love + Special Sauce: Rodeo Clowns
Ubin: Redroom
Gorillaz: 19-2000
Vertente: Chuva

xJ

No comments: