SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Saturday, February 19, 2005

If you feel the Australian Govt is a bit lazy on Kyoto... please sign here: http://www.greenpeace.org.au/kyotopetition/petition.php

So... last night the splendiferous Tammi and I went on a play-date and saw The Aviator and really I must say 'bravo'. Scorcese really never ceases to amaze.

I can't say I went in to the film knowing anything about Hughes, not even realising he was responsible for Scarface... and I love a film that can educate me about someone so interesting and obviously important in aviation history. The planes simply were beautiful.

Tam said "I wish they had have explained what was really wrong with him" and I have been thinking about it... I think that the simple answer is what stems from his mother keeping him inside, and being so terrified of disease etc, he had problems with large amounts of people and high pressure situations... a germophobe (spelling?) if you will.

I'm really keen to read up more on Howard Hughes now. I'd like to know more of his story.

The 'trial' scenes between Alda and Dicaprio are impressive. And, you know call me, erm... something, but why does Gwen Stefani get such big credits when she's in the film for all of two minutes?! Weird.

Oh, the website takes a bit to load, but it's nice.

Also, Leo Dicaprios web site has a large Environmental section.... so check it; www.leonardodicaprio.com

hmm. yes, i'm impressed.
xJ

No comments: