SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Monday, January 03, 2005

New Years Resolutions: stress less

2004 really was a rollercoaster ride until I got to Brisbane.

The emotion with leaving the place you grew up in is of course heightened when you're doing it for the first time, but people here have been so welcoming and I can't thank them enough.

Tanya visited me yesterday with Chris (both Adelaidians) and I just rave about Brisbane. I honestly don't think I'll be heading down South again for anything more than a holiday anytime soon. I can say this with confidence. I feel better (insert a sigh here).

We spent New Years out at Maryborough, approx a 3 hour drive up the Sunshine Coast, at Andrews place. We all dressed up as bogans and had a good laff at ourselves - played pictionary charades, jenga, wrote up new years resolutions for each other, ate heaps and made Sangria.

New Years Day we went over to Hervey Bay for some fishing. I was so excited, I haven't been fishing in way too long.

I am going brown (my skin that is), and I know when I go back to Adelaide in 3 weeks, everyone will say 'look how brown you are!', when in the reality of Brisneyland, if I'm sitting next to my housemate, Nath, I'm not brown!! hehe.

Enjoy 2005 everybody!

xJ

No comments: