SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Sunday, July 24, 2005

note to self: fill in the blanks later

thoughts and observations...

first impression of LA... "check out this smog! i would really like to be able to SEE the mountains properly!"

Disneyland... "this place would cost a tonne if you brought your whole family..." - but ok let me actually write something about disneyland now that I finally have access to a computer...
I was unsure as to whether or not i was going to go because of how i feel about certain issues to do with the company, but it was right there... so I went. And I spent 12 hours there. Count them, twelve! They have a subsidiary park called Disneys California Adventure which is right across the walkway, and 'Downtown Disney' - free to anyone with cafe's, shops blah blah blah.

My favourite things:
California Adventure - Soarin' Over... (or something like that) - Anyway, this virtual plane flight where your lifted up in your seat and taken on this beautiful plane flight. If you fly over sea, you smell the ocean, if you fly over the Californian Orange Groves, you smell oranges. Amazing, and well worth the wait. Also, California Screamin' which was this sick rollercoaster. I (and the dude next to me) whooped our way through it, I wanted to go back again but kind of wanted to make sure I did as much as I could... the dude, however, jumped over the fence and rejoined the line!! hehe.
Oh and The Bugs Live 3D Movie and the Muppets one too.

Disneyland - Haunted Mansion was wicked... Indiana Jones was great too. It's a small world just weirded me out... and I am thinking 'wheres australia?' til we turn this corner and theres a large pink kangaroo with green flowers on it, two koala bears, one blue and one pink, and a little aboriginal boy with a sash around his waist (since when?) holding what SEEMED to resemble a kangaroo!! I mean most of the other countries had people playing traditional music or something. THey could have had a band with a dude with a box-bass thingy (you know, box at the bottom, broom stick coming out the middle, string attached) and someone else playing the bottle top broomstick thingo. Now I know these have technical names, but buggered if I can remember them right now.
Splash Mountain I think was the most overrated, all day there were HUGE lines to it, so I wandered past last thing... and though it was good, I'd rather the half-underground train rollercoaster that I went on!! Or the Buzz Lightyear interactive shoot em up ride, or the Star Wars based, Star Tours! I mean shit, OVER-RATED BABY!

random strange things:
dude on the highway in LA, in a maroon BUICK with the numberplate "Mr Disco" - go you good thing! HA HA HA (Still makes me laugh)

US customs wasnt quite as stressful as i'd expected to be honest... was weirder flying domestic yesterday when they put you in this weird cubicle thing like a phone booth and puff you with air, then electronically screen a sample of the 'dust' (i guess) inside your carry-ons to check for bombing. The guy was very friendly though.

Having a pilot smart enough to wait for an electrical storm to pass, whilst other planes took off right in that direction. Flying over clouds at night is beautiful by the way.

I'm in Denver now, mooching around at Mikey's waiting for him to return from San Francisco. Should be in a few hours time, it's so hot and we'll both be pretty tired, i might suggest a trip to the supermarket and a large bout of mooching, til we decided whether or not to drive to Vegas baby, ye-heh.

And no, Shazzy, Fiona, and everyone else expecting miracles... we're not marrying each other whilst we're there!!

Though I do like Mikey's folks.

xJ

No comments: