SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Saturday, July 03, 2004

brighter than sunshine...

last night i walked past Merlin in the street, and had every urge to tap on the window of the venue he'd just entered and blow him a kiss and say 'thankyou' and walk along my way... however I didn't. And I don't know why. I was so looking forward to talking to him some day, just for interests sake... hmm. Big fat loser=me.

My doctor prescribed a new drug for me today to help me try and lose some of this weight that seems to be staying in the same spot, and has for 4 years, even when I was riding my bike every day or every second day through summer.

Unfortunately it stems from my relationship with my ex and how miserable I got with him... and I haven't been able to shake all of the weight I put on. This is not to say I want to be exactly like I used to be (I was very skinny and almost very sick from it I think).

Anyhoo, it's like... erm, still a rollercoaster here over in quarter life crisis land, but I know it will eventually pass, I just have to kick through this. *KICK, BASH, SLAP*

I went to some comedy this week which was great, I need to go to comedy more often. Average were the feature act and got us all giggling, also saw a few newer local comics that I'd seen not at all or maybe once or twice. Yeh, so comedy is alive and rockin' in this city and stop ignoring it!

Tuesdays: PJ O'Briens (East Terrace)
Wednesdays: Rhino Room (Frome Road)
Thursdays: Jive (Hindley St West)

Cool stuff I've noted recently...

** Adelaide Band LAZARO'S DOG - their track HOME ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM being featured on the new (and super cool) JVC TV Commercial. ROCK ON LADS.
** The fact that a small advisory/action group can change a document... that will hopefully help entertainment venues and punters.
** Peter Garrett finally running for politics. Go you big red fire engine.
** Mike Rann looking to abolish plastic bags in a few years. Woohoo!

I can't wait for my holiday!
I may not be posting as much soon as I'm probably likely to cancel my internet at home to assist my saving efforts.

xJ

No comments: