SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Sunday, November 20, 2005

an internal crisis...

is at hand... and i'm somewhat convinced i am a bad friend, but then again... perhaps not. unfortunately it cannot be blazed all over this here blog currently, but for the fortunate few who understand my ramblings and are in the know... i shall certainly keep you updated by ye olde telephone.

i bought myself a few gifts this week, one being the new Gorillaz album 'demon days' and Aimee Mann's 'bachelor number 2' from 1999. Aimee Mann keeps me very sane, now that I rarely hear from my 'therapist' and beautiful bartender, the allusive nico.

ah, he's a bad communicator, and always apologises, can't dislike him for it!

currently, a storm is rolling in on the city of brisneyland... i have been watching it roll in for hours, and made sure i cleared up some more of the garden before it got close enough to ruin my attempt to beat the spiders by making it cleaner around here. Starting to be noticable, but still a load of work to go. Now that my neighbours aren't moving for another year, i'm going to suggest a weekend clean up in a few weeks... a spring clean at the start of summer or something.

I now have itty bitty pumpkins growing in pots on my front porch, grown from drying out pumpkin seeds from the pumpkin my mum bought when they were up here. I'm glad they're growing already, maybe they can grow along our fence.

had some friends over for dinner on friday and cooked a great vego meal of spanish potatoes, a big fuck-off salad and samosas from scratch (via sharons hare krishna recipe). tasteriffic.
we then headed up to the pineapple hotel to watch blues, as has happened many times before, sufficiently smashed and ready to bounce about.

spent most of yesterday wallowing in my own pity on the floor for the hangover and the internalising of this stupid crisis that i'm sure is all in my head!

my friend Sam is having an exhibition this coming week, and the theme is 'wonderland' with about 10 artists total. it's been a while since she's exhibited anything and i hope it's a great success for her, because she's lovely and deserves it.

apart from that, new job is going well.... trying to get my head around being paid monthly is interesting... but should be fine i think.

hmm, back to internalising me thinks.

see some of you at xmas! yes i'm returning to my home-town for some well deserved r&r... that could be rest and relaxation, or rocking and rolling.... i'll let you guys decide!

xJ

No comments: