SPLENDARO

meander, keep moving, that's what it's all about isn't it?! not the hokey pokey, that just CAN'T be what it's all about...

Friday, April 01, 2005

12 Angry Men

I just watched a movie version of this popular play, which I saw performed last year by some exceedingly talented English Actors, many of whom were comedians.

One of them was a friend I had made at the previous Fringe Festival in 2002... unfortunately, this bit of success (he'd also been in Boy George's play since the last time I saw him) had left him bigger, back on the drugs, and with his head up his ass. A great disappointment for me actually, because I was looking forward to seeing this so-called 'friend'. (now just a passing memory)

Anyway, this play I pretty much knew nothing about when I first saw it, but it really is amazing what they managed to do with only dialogue... no music practically, and some interesting issues raised on racism and the like.

If you've never seen it, I'm sure you'll be able to find at least one version at your local video store, and I highly recommend it...

sleepy...
xJ

No comments: